Woolen Sloughy Beanie

 






Since it's technically still winter, I feel the need to knit/crochet beanies. It has been so rainy and/or snowing for the past week! A hat is definitely needed any time I walk outside. I actually made this one in about a day of travelling.

I knit this one using 16" US 10 circular needles with a super bulky yarn. I cast on 120 then knit in the round 1x1 rib for about 3 inches. Then I knit one, increase one for the next row. After that I just knit until the hat is about 7" long then begin to decrease by: knitting 3, decrease one for the next row then knit a row. I continue this altering of decreasing and knitting 2 more times then bind off the hat. To finish, I just thread in a 12" piece of yarn at the top and pull it tight.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts