The math behind packing - Fall Edition


  • Undergarments: number of days + 2
  • Socks: number of days x 2 (1/2 short socks + 1/2 tall socks)
  • Scarves: 2 maximum (1 pashmina + 1 circle scarf)
  • Shirts: number of days (t-shirts or lounging shirts) + number of days (including layering shirts)
  • Bottoms: number of days + 1 (for lounging/sleeping/working out)
  • Blouses: number of days / 2  (also good for layering)
  • Sweaters: number of days / 2
  • Pants: number of days / 2
  • Dresses/Skirts: number of days / 2
  • Jackets: 3 max (1 informal light jacket + 1 formal light jacket + 1 light rain jacket)
  • Shoes: number of days / 2 (including at least one good pair of boots that can be worn in rain)


I am the worst at over packing. It can be done so easily because I think that it is necessary to bring everything with me everywhere that I go. Some simple math can help keep over packing at bay. Let it be known that this is a guideline and I will be the first to break these. I know some trips I would prefer to wear leggings the whole time and will bring only one dress.

Also I LOVE shoes. In the past I have packed a carryon just for shoes. Nowadays (for more informal affairs) I go for at least one short boot, one tall boot, and a pair of heels.




Comments

Popular Posts