Right back hat you







 

December is my favorite month mostly due to presents. I absolutely love making and giving presents, especially easy gifts that I can make when travelling. This month I will be showing you easy Christmas gift diy ideas. All of these can be made pretty quickly and on the go!

Today's project is the easiest crochet hat in the world! Start by using any size yarn and hook to half double crochet 2 blocks, 20 inches x 4 inches (putting the hook in the back loop to give a more "knitted" look), then crochet the two pieces together at one width end. Now you will have a block of two colors that is 20 inches by 8 inches. I then crochet the 2 - 8 inch sides together to make a cylinder. At one end of the cylinder (I did mind on the blue side), weave yarn in and out of each chain then pull tightly, and tie off. This creates the hat. I also added a 7 cm pom pom at the top (I use this pom pom maker).

I've made this hat many times in just one color by making a continuous block of 20 inches by 8 inches. Try it out! Mix and match colors or keep it monochromatic! Use the hashtag #theluggagelife so I can see your creations!

Are you a beginner at crocheting? Here are a few youtube basic videos to get you started: 

Comments

Popular Posts